Director | Risk and Dispute Management
Efficient, practical, and commercial are all words that spring to mind when describing Joanne Parisi. A Director, Owner and significant contributor within our Firm, Joanne is the person you want to resolve your problems with particular focuses on all aspects of business, property and contract disputes as well as insolvency and all facets of building and construction law.
Joanne has a firm but fair approach to any client matters and you can rest assured that if there is information to be found to support a favourable resolution, she will go to the ends of the earth to find it and ensure a successful outcome.
Joanne is an active contributor within the community, serving on various boards and committees and volunteering for a number of not for profit organisations.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial and Contract Advisory, Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Building and Construction Advisory, Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency, Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Debt Recovery Advisory, Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Local Government Advisory and Governance
- Local Government Prosecutions and Enforcement
- General Government Compliance and Enforcement
- Admitted as a Legal Practitioner of the High Court, 2006
- Admitted as a Legal Practitioner of the Supreme Court of Queensland, 2006
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Queensland, 2003
- Bachelor of Economics, University of Queensland, 2002
- Member, Queensland Law Society
- Member, Far North Queensland Law Association
- Member, Cazalys Board
- Member, FNQHF Board
- Former Councillor, Queensland Law Society, 2010 – 2013
- Former Member, Queensland Law Society Litigation Rules Committee
- Former President, Far North Queensland Law Association
- Former President, Cairns Community Legal Centre