MacDonnells Law has acted in some of Queensland’s landmark property transactions, developments and master-planned communities. In each case, our property team has leveraged their extensive legal expertise with a distinct commercial angle, allowing us to provide tailored, real-world advice to clients.
Our property team is integrated with our planning and environment and commercial teams to provide seamless advice to clients and provides tailored advice across all types of property matters, including master planned communities, sales and acquisitions, due diligence, project and development structuring, including joint ventures, project financing and property trusts, and management of leasing portfolios.
- Acting for a State Government entity in respect of numerous projects, including the Oonoonba development project and Carseldine Urban Village development, from conception forward.
- Advising a large Government owned corporation on its $120 million Shipping Development Project which centred around port channel widening. Our team advised on and negotiated environmental, land tenure, licencing and dredge placement arrangements.
- Advising on, preparing and negotiating agreements for a north western Queensland Council to acquire land for the realignment of a road which involved in excess of 15 landowners including private individuals, corporate entities, State Government agencies and Departments, with only one acquired by way of compulsory acquisition and rest by agreement with the relevant landowners.
- Advising on a major marina and residential development comprising 1,000+ lots, community facilities and commercial operations.
- Advising on carbon abatement project which enabled the client to participate in the Emissions Reduction Fund, resulting in a successful bid and the business entering into a carbon abatement contract with the Clean Energy Regulator.