Construction and Infrastructure
At MacDonnells Law, our Construction and Infrastructure team works with both private and public sector clients. Our focus is on providing timely, practical and commercially astute solutions.
Our team has played a major part in significant construction, infrastructure and engineering projects across a variety of industries.
Our team is highly experienced in delivering strategic project advice, project structuring, drafting and advising on building contracts, tendering and the tender process, as well as disputes involving Supreme, District and Magistrates Courts, Adjudication matters and the review of decisions by the Queensland Building and Construction Commission.
- Providing strategic advice and drafting 3 suites of pro-forma tender and procurement documents for Major Projects, Consultancy, and Maintenance agreements for an organisation with approximately $400 million worth of total assets, including significant departures from Australian Standard documents.
- Advising a State Government entity on put and call options relevant to purchase and sale of house and land packages, including advice on Competition and Consumer considerations, as well as liability for residential construction work.
- Advising on tender negotiations and detailed departures for acceptance for the Principal in respect to a complex maritime project in excess of $20million.
- Successfully defending and prosecuting Adjudication Applications, including applications involving complex disputes requiring expert evidence and reports within the short time provided to response, as well as applications involving complex questions of law and compliance with the Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Act 2017.
- Advising a large contractor on multi-million dollar tender, including complex departures from the tender, insurance considerations and negotiations with client’s insurer, and numerous overlapping obligations, including the Electrical Safety Act 2002.
- Acting in a large development project including complex negotiations with developer regarding tripartite agreements for sale of residential building contracts and agreements for the use of land.