Our employment law and workplace relations team focus on advising private and public sector employers across the State. Our focus is on ensuring that our clients:
- Have appropriate documentation in place;
- Understand their obligations and rights as employers or when engaging contractors;
- Deal swiftly and appropriately with complaints or concerns;
- Undertaking or assisting with workplace investigations;
- Are presented with practical and commercial solutions tailored to their individual needs.
Contractor Agreements/Employment Contracts
When you are engaging employees or contractors it is very important that you understand and document the arrangements you have. Whether its reviewing and advising on your draft contract or preparing fresh agreements, contact us to see how we can work to suit your requirements and budgetary needs.
Human Resources and Workplace Policy Development
We can also assist with workplace policy review and training to ensure you have in place the necessary frameworks to minimise legal exposure and properly manage workplace claims and issues.
When it comes to employees and contractors the range of issues that might arise can feel (or be!) endless. The team at MacDonnells Law are here to assist you in navigating those issues which might include:
- pay rates and entitlements;
- award interpretation;
- dealing with absences and illnesses;
- advice on enterprise bargaining agreements;
- performance management and termination;
- restructuring advice;
- redundancy advice; and
- transferring of business.
We understand that dealing with complaints can be time-consuming and stressful for any business or organisation. It is important however to deal with complaints in a timely and thorough manner to avoid issues escalating and resulting in legal claims or liabilities.
At MacDonnells Law we provide advice and assistance in dealing with all manner of complaints and concerns, including:
- performance issues;
- bullying and harassment allegations;
- restructuring consultation; and
- employee grievances.
When there are allegations of misconduct or serious complaints raised in the workplace often a workplace investigation needs to occur and it is very important that appropriate processes are followed and documented.
At MacDonnells we have experience in all types of workplace investigations including:
- advising on the conduct of investigations;
- advising on actions required following completion of an investigation; and
- undertaking investigations.
Claims can happen and at that time you need expert assistance.
We have experience in handling workplace claims and can assist to understand your legal exposure, grounds of defence and how best to manage the claims process.
We have acted in the various forums (including the Fair Work Commission, Industrial Relations Commission Qld and the Federal Courts) and can assist in dealing with all manner of claims including:
- unfair dismissal claims;
- adverse action claims;
- bullying complaints;
- underpayment and breach of Award claims; and
- discrimination and harassment claims.
If you are not sure about anything employment-wise feel free to contact us to see how we might be able to assist.