As a trusted advisor to clients in the public and private sectors, our employment law experts work with clients to optimise workforce engagement and minimise exposure to disputes and litigation. By mitigating risk throughout the entire lifecycle of employment relationships, MacDonnells Law is empowering businesses to develop strong and compliant workplace practices with productive cultures.
We provide pragmatic and strategic advice from an integrated team of specialists in relation t every facet of the employment relationship, including award and agreement interpretation, contracts and policies, training, workplace investigations and employee grievances, performance management, dismissals, restructures and claims.
- Providing strategic advice and guidance to internal human resources personnel to assist in all facets of employee management and industrial related issues.
- Contract Preparation: preparation of employment contracts and independent contractor agreements.
- Award Compliance Reviews: Compliance reviews for employer clients, involving review of all manner of employees to determine Award coverage, Award classification and Award wage requirements.
- Bullying Assessments: Advising employer clients with respect to the management of bullying allegations, including engaging investigators, implementation of investigation recommendations and management of employee relations during the process.
- Workplace Investigations: Undertaking investigations for employers into allegations of misconduct, including the preparation of formal investigation reports and recommended findings.
- Misconduct Reviews: Advising on allegations of misconduct and whether such conduct justifies termination and recommended management action, including whether conduct should be externally investigated and whether the employee should be suspended.
- Disciplinary Advice: Advising employer clients on the required disciplinary process up to termination, including drafting required notices such as suspension notice, show cause notice and termination notice.