Commercial, Corporate and M&A
Our corporate and commercial teams offer commercially astute and pragmatic advice on all aspects of corporate and commercial law.
We offer extensive expertise in mergers and acquisitions, corporate advisory and governance, commercial contract preparation and negotiation, corporate structuring and joint ventures, capital raising, regulatory compliance and commercial negotiations, and can service the complete business lifecycle alongside our clients.
We deliver strong strategies for achieving commercial outcomes for our clients to mitigate risk and position them for growth. No two clients are the same – we focus on each client and their objectives.
- Sale of a worldwide payment systems SaaS, including preparation of vendor due diligence report, pre-sale advice, sale negotiations and deal completion. Deal value for the Australian arm equated to $500 million.
- The successful merger and disposal of an ASX listed company, one of Australia’s largest sugar milling companies and providing advice on its corporate and commercial matters, including contracts with suppliers and land owners, hedging arrangements, incentive agreements and securitisation, supply agreements and ASIC relief from financial reporting requirements. Deal value of $200 million.
- Sale of a minority stake in a SaaS and CaaS business to an ASX listed company, including repatriation of assets from 4 international jurisdictions to Australian entities. Our advice involved due diligence review, the implementation of restructure, establishment of Australian group structure, negotiation and preparation of Subscription Agreement and Shareholders Agreement.
- Advising on $75 million co-generation green power station built at the Tableland Sugar Mill, which will use a 100 per cent renewable sugar cane fibre to produce 24 megawatts of electricity – enough to power every house in the Atherton Tablelands region.
- Advising on the corporate restructure of a group of companies with turnover of more than $100 million through a scrip for scrip rollover and implementation of an employee share scheme.