Director | Commercial Law
Some would say Melissa Sinopoli is an over achiever in her field. If words like efficient, practical, innovative and thorough don’t do it for you then perhaps knowing that Melissa thrives on settling the most high level and difficult commercial transactions with the utmost ease gives you comfort in knowing your business is in safe hands with Melissa looking after it as if it were her own.
A Director and Owner at MacDonnells Law, Melissa has quite literally grown with our Firm, commencing many moons ago as a Law Graduate and quickly making her mark as one of the top performers in the commercial area.
A well-known local, Melissa brings a commercial and pragmatic approach to solving client’s legal problems and achieving their desired outcomes as efficiently as possible.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial law
- Corporate law advisory, including corporate reconstructions and shareholder disputes
- Business acquisitions and disposals, including due diligence reporting
- Securities advisory, including the Personal Property Securities Act
- Commercial insolvency, including Deeds of Company Arrangement
- Liquor and gaming licensing
Qualifications & Memberships
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Bachelor of Laws, James Cook University
- Bachelor of Business, James Cook University
- Member, Queensland Law Society
- Board Member, Australian Institute of Management Young Mangers Advisory Board
- Vice President, Worklink Employment Support Group Inc
- Chair, Meritas Australian Legal Alliance – Personal Property Securities Group
- Member, Far North Queensland Youth Assistance Fund Inc.
- Former Convenor, Cairns CBD Safety Summit
- Cairns Young Chamber of Commerce Young Business Leaders Program 2012
- Former Board Member, FNQ Volunteers Inc.
- Former Committee Member, Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee for the Roman Catholic Trust Corporation for the Diocese of Cairns
- Finalist, Senior Associate of the Year, Women in Law Awards 2015
- James Cook University, Outstanding Early Career Alumnus, 2013
- Women Lawyers Association of Queensland, Regional Lawyer of the Year, 2012
- Finalist, The Legal People Future Star Award category, Women in Law Awards 2012