Planning and Environment
Benjamin is a Senior Associate in the MacDonnells Planning & Environment team. He advises on all aspects of property development, environmental matters, land use, land acquisition and infrastructure charging matters. He has experience in advising on matters under various State legislation including under the Integrated Planning Act 1997, Sustainable Planning Act 2009, Planning Act 2016, and the Environmental Protection Act 1994.
Benjamin has experience working with both private developers and local governments. Prior to joining MacDonnells Law, he was involved in defending a former executive officer in Queensland’s largest environmental prosecution.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Planning & Environment Court litigation
- Local Government advisory and governance
- Local Government enforcement matters
- Land development
- Environmental matters
Qualifications & Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Admitted – Supreme Court of Queensland
- Member – Far North Queensland Law Association
- Member – Queensland Law Society